Friday, October 28, 2011

Chaos Dwarfs finished, and a Skorne figure

Got some final photos of the Blood Bowl team by Greebo miniatures. Not the best photos as I still don't have a good lighting setup.











The Blood Bowl team is now on its way to France. God speed!

I was pretty impressed with the sculpting quality of the Skorne Titan Bronzeback. The casting quality was pretty good too. Some gap-filling was needed but nothing too complex. This is one figure I wouldn't mind painting again, but to a very high showcase quality. Maybe one day when I have the time...

If anyone is curious about the colors used on the skin (a new recipe I came up with), here's the recipe I used:

(P3 and GW)
-Thornwood Green
-Devlan Mud (x2)
-Thornwood Green
-Bastion Grey
-Cryx Bane Highlight
-Cryx Bane Highlight + Trollblood Highlight
-Very thin glaze of Gryphonne Sepia Wash all over
-Ogryn Flesh Wash in select areas

Up next are the Dwarf Slayers and Ironbreakers. I am putting blue Celtic designs on the Slayers.

4 comments:

  1. hi, the red you do on your skorne is really impressive i like that brightness. how do you do it? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, the red you do on your skorne is really impressive i like that brightness. how do you do it? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Sorry about the late reply. I believe the colors I used are as follows:

      Black undercoat, basecoat Scab Red, wash Devlan Mud, highlight Red Gore, highlight Blood Red, highlight Blazing Orange, highlight Fiery Orange. The red is then given a final glaze of thinned Baal Red.

      Hope this helps! Happy painting,

      -Matt

      Delete